Senior Computer Systems Analyst and Repair Technician
(Apply Below) send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Computer Systems Analyst and Repair Technician’s position provides maintenance and support for every aspect of electronic equipment such as computer hardware, software, networking, and telephony. The person in this position will perform general technical support functions, including physical installation, assembly, configuration and maintenance of various small to medium business and residential computer networks. Employee will apply systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, system or network functional specifications. While working under the supervision of the Owner/President, this person will work with a great deal of independence to establish daily and weekly workorder priorities and performs related work as required.
Examples of Key Duties: (Duties are illustrative and not inclusive and may vary with individual assignment.)
• Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software.
• Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware; pulls cables and rewires or directs the rewiring of cables as required.
• Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
• Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data; provides help desk functions to facilitate exchange of information and advice to users; implements solutions or notifies outsource providers as required.
• Makes hardware and software acquisition recommendations including helping users assess needs and providing justification for equipment and services.
• Assists in instructing staff in the use of standard business and administrative software and hardware.
• Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary.
• Provide system administrative functions such as field server & network repair, introducing and integrating new technologies into existing environments, performing routine maintenance of servers and workstations and maintaining backups.
• Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes, and install and configure new hardware and software including routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Responsible for maintaining system security and adding, removing, or updating user account information, and resetting passwords, etc.; handling these with the utmost confidentiality.
• Design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing and/or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications.
• Position includes requirement and ability to travel to assist in analysis, repair, setup, networking and consulting with clients/users of various small to medium businesses and residences; and
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
• Education and Experience:
Minimum education requirement: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
3-5 years of experience in Help Desk/Network repair and administration.
Knowledge of Windows XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, DC, AD, Exchange, VMware, WAN, LAN, VPN, routers and switches.
Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
Must have the skill set and the experience to work with a complex networking computer system/server.
Knowledge of RMM tools, Autotask and/or Sonicwalls a plus.
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
• Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.